Fire Extinguisher Maintenance
All Fire extinguishers held at your premise should be serviced annually to ensure they remain in good working order should they be needed in case of a Fire.
It is the responsibility of the business owner or responsible person(s) of a building to ensure that extinguishers are serviced in accordance to the BS 5306-3:2017.
We at Siren training highly recommend you carry monthly basic checks on your own extinguishers and get them professionally serviced annually.
For your own check we recommend the following:
- Location – is your extinguisher in the right place?
- Visibility – is the extinguisher positioned in such a way that it can be easily seen?
- Operating instructions – are the instructions facing outwards, clean and easy to read?
- Condition – has the extinguisher been used, is there any obvious damage on the extinguisher or are there any missing parts?
- Extinguisher pressure – is the pressure within safe operating limits?
- Tamper seals – have the seals of the extinguisher tamper indicators been broken?
A qualified technician should be hired annually to ensure these checks are carried out.