Level 3 Award in Education and Training (AET)
Where & When?
Click on the OLD STREET tab below to find a suitable course date
Assessment day – 4th December
Please be aware – You must attend all 3 days, the first two days are your learning days while the third day is your practical assessment day. By enrolling onto the 2 days you are automatically enrolling onto the 3rd day.
What is it
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training (AET) course has replaced the PTTLLS (Preparing To Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector). The fully accredited level 3 qualification is for learners wishing to teach. This AET course is perfectly suited to people aiming to work in teaching or training roles.
This Award in Education and Training course is also very useful as a stepping stone for those wishing to complete more specialist teaching diplomas in the future.
Who is it for?
The Award in Education and Training (AET) course is perfect for those wishing to teach others. It is the most basic elementary teaching qualification.
The majority of our clients complete this course because:
- They are fed up having to pay extortionate training costs and would rather bring training in-house.
- They are looking to increase their employability and add the qualification needed to deliver accredited courses to their CV.
- They have enrolled in a First Aid training academy and as part of this, need to complete their AET.
There might be numerous reasons why someone would want to complete this Award in Education and Training course but primarily it is to impart and share their knowledge with others.
How long is this Award in Education and Training (AET) course
The course is run over 3 days of learning and then some home learning. You have 3 days of classroom-based learning followed following this you have 3 weeks to complete the necessary learning assignments
Give you an understanding of your role as a teacher, and the boundaries and responsibilities you must adhere to as a teacher
– How to plan and execute lessons or training sessions
– How to deliver lessons in an inclusive way to engage all students
– Help you to understand motivating factors so that you can get the best out of your students
– Helps you understand a variety of assessment methods and recordkeeping requirements
– Provide an overview of crucial legislation, regulation and codes of practice
There are no formal pre-requisites or qualifications required to enroll on the AET course. However, a good understanding of the English language is needed to complete every aspect of the course.
You will be required you to participate in group forum discussions and conduct mini-presentations to the rest of the group. This will give you the opportunity to put theory into practice and enhance your confidence, lesson planning and presentation skills. You will also be required to assess your peers and provide feedback to the group on their performance.